Thursday, September 4, 2008

Somewhere between asleep and dreaming

Sleep eludes me. Rather, I currently do not possess the desire to climb into bed even though I promised myself I'd get back to a minimum of 7 hours of sleep per night. I'm getting to that point in my listlessness where the songs end as soon as they begin (what I'm remembering of the new Bloc Party sounded pretty good).

It's difficult for me at times like this not to live in my head at least for a little bit, though rather than worry about shit that hasn't happened yet, I feel more at peace than ever before. The Boy turned 13 over the weekend and we had a nice relaxing day, complete with a trip to Best Buy for some Xbox games. This weekend my mom and stepdad are hosting a small little party for the boyo. This will be the first time the family's seen my wife since we got married so needless to say I'm quite excited. From what I've been told-directly and indirectly-wedded bliss suits me well.

Earlier tonight I attended Curriculum Night at The Boy's school. Talk about surreal-not only am I getting to do things such as this as the custodial parent that I've longed to do, I end up running into people I used to work with in high school (Hi, we used to work together at Jewel...oh my GOD, you used to bag for me!!). I felt this incredible sense of pride walking through the halls of my son's school. I realize we are barely three weeks into the school year, but I already predict big things for him.

Zzz...it appears I have the desire to go to bed now...

No comments: