Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Recording, Day One: Sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly

Tonight after work began the first of three vocals sessions for the proposed ZTS demo. I'd not been over to Precision's family's house in close to 9 years, when 88FL still practiced there. I'd been a bit anxious in the days leading up to the studio-the usual fears of thrashing my voice or the general insecurities surrounding the songs themselves. Are they that good? The difference between going over songs in the studio as opposed to belting them out in a live setting is striking; thankfully, it didn't take more than a run-through of the first tracked song to convince myself that this band is most definitely onto something. Tonight we worked on "The Will", written about my alcoholic bottom, as well as "Catastrophe Awaits", a song written in the immensely frustrating first few days of Autumn.

From this past Friday through this afternoon, I've been able to reconnect with some old friends in the program. The embarrassment of the past several months having subsided, I reached out and let such friends know I'd been thinking of them. I can't honestly tell you when and if I will ever walk into another AA meeting, but it's important for me to stay connected with people who came into my life and made it that much more rewarding.

No comments: