Thursday, March 6, 2008

Overdue update

Here I am at 1:30 AM listening to The Warlocks when I should be sleeping-Vegas' flight arrives in 4 hours. We seem to be settling into a good place and she's treated herself to trip home to see me and her family. We owe it to ourselves to spend some time together.

Jesus, where to begin? I suppose I should start with the most significant news of all, that The Boy will be living with me permanently come June of this year. My ex's husband was given a promotion and an offer to run a pharmacy in St. Paul, MN and The Boy was given the choice on where he'd wish to live. He chose Chicago. Of course life as I have been living it will change-no more random shows mid week for one-and that's ok. I've wanted this more than anything and I've got the support of family and friends while I make the necessary adjustments. One such change will be a move out of the city, up Northwest to ideally Park Ridge as the public schools in that area are far better than those in Chicago. I'd love it if I can get into some sort of house rental situation or perhaps I can finally put a down payment on a condo of my own.

On the band front, things are getting better and better. We had our first out of town trek this past weekend (to Wisconsin) where I got my first taste of how the other guys'd behave. For starters, The Fin appears to be the band whiner; Lk the buffoon-came close to breaking his nose when he drunkenly woke me up just as I fell asleep. Earlier that week Precision and I were interviewed on Q101 which was not terribly awkward. More reps from Q101 were at last Friday's show at The Note and asked if we'd be interested in playing a local showcase, most likely at Metro. We'll see where that goes. The EP is selling briskly; 100 cd's sold out via online orders in just under 3 days. Guess we are on a roll after all.

No comments: