Monday, May 5, 2008

Monday-the new Sunday

For the month of May (and possibly longer), I've gone back to working two Saturdays a month and gave myself Mondays off during such work weeks. I've also interviewed for the Lead Rep position in a department I'll be heading shortly which, among other things, has me making schedules for myself and those underneath me. The months of hammering the point home that my present manager has no fucking concept of what I do have finally paid off.

Yesterday, The Boy and I headed down to Wicker Park for lunch at Earwax, followed by a performance by Paul Green's School Of Rock playing classic metal. Wouldn't you know it-their cover of "Raining Blood" by Slayer got the most response. Ran into V., who was there with her teenage son. I hadn't seen her in a few years and oddly enough, she...er, smelled the same (she's been wearing the same perfume for 15 years or so now). JB was there as well, as he is now working for the talent company who books at the Subterranean as well as the Beat Kitchen.

Just under a month to go before The Boy heads to MN for the summer. Although I will have him for 1-1/2 weeks come late June and then from August onwards, I am gonna miss him like crazy and plan on making every minute count with the remaining weekends we have left.

I had debated on telling him about the wedding this soon, but seeing a how...er, not so smooth my telling his mom went (I'm sure I'll blog about this soon enough), I figured I'd better tell him before he "accidentally" overhears it coming from her. His first reaction upon learning the news Friday night was that of disbelief; I wasn't wearing my ring as it was getting re-sized (got it back Saturday afternoon-yes!), but when he realized I wasn't joking he really did seem genuinely happy. He repeated what so many other of my close friends and family members have told me the past few years: that I was never happier than I was when I was with D. Hearing that coming from friends and family, sure-it's nice to hear, but from your own son? Whoa. It's no secret that I could have used a bit more discretion in introducing him to some of my exes. Not that there was a revolving door or anything like that-I just knew there were some women that I had no business being with, but in my quest to find...stability or whatever you can call it, I did things that I wouldn't normally have done.

Thinking about getting the car detailed today. It's sorely needed, especially after the boot. The last thing I want to do is to roll up to my aunt's next Sunday with marker written all over my car.

No comments: