Saturday, July 7, 2007

The Fountain

After dropping The Boy off in the 'burbs, I elected to decline on an invitation to go see Sicko (remember when I talked about people coming out of the woodwork? Some of them are a little more aggressive than others.) and instead watched The Fountain. I sure am glad I ended up watching this movie solo.

Three stories - one each from the past, present, and future - about men in pursuit of eternity with their love. A conquistador in Mayan country searches for the tree of life to free his captive queen; a medical researcher, working with various trees, looks for a cure that will save his dying wife; a space traveler, traveling with an aged tree encapsulated within a bubble, moves toward a dying star that's wrapped in a nebula; he seeks eternity with his love. The stories intersect and parallel; the quests fail and succeed. Taken from The Fountain's IMDB page

Watching this movie, I couldn't help but think of the serious relationships of my past. Would I have done anything and everything for these women? Perhaps for a few of them I would have, but selfishness and insecurity prevented that from happening. That, and perhaps none of them were part of the plan that's been laid out for me.

Tonight I remain optimistic that I will find that someone.

1 comment:

SUSPERIA said...

Great,I think I have that movie coming in thursday from netflix....I better psyche myself up so I won't be absolutely devastated after watching it.

To Quote The Yeah Yeah Yeahs...

"There Is No Modern Romance"