Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Independence

Just back from some Fourth Of July festivities at Dan's, where I hung out with some new bandmates in addition to Dan's dad, sister and brother-in-law who I hadn't seen in a good eight years. Dan's girlfriend was there was well, a funny woman with a son a year older than Liam and a daughter a year younger. Liam got along with them famously which is great, especially since they'll be hanging out most Monday nights together while the band practices. The cookout today was a last minute idea so we grabbed what we could at Walgreens in the way of snacks/brats and grabbed a variety pack of fireworks as well. Fireworks scare the crap out of me personally, having burnt my hand pretty bad as a kid, but far be it for me to ruin any fun for The Boy. The way his face lit up as he lit one after another was at once entertaining as well as scary. He's quite the pyro it seems. The band seems to be on a high still from this past rehearsal as things are going amazing. I am writing some of my best lyrics in years. We're aiming for a September debut but do not want to rush anything of course.

1 comment:

SUSPERIA said...

It's always great when your kids and someone else kids get along without any coaxing! I'm glad Liam got to do some fireworks, alot of parents that don't like them won't let their kids do them.That's awesome that everthing is going so well for your band!