Sunday, July 1, 2007

Zombies With Cell Phones Smokin' In The Boys Room.

You ever seem to have one of those days when everyone's on your case, from your teacher all the way down to your best girlfriend? Well, that used to happen to me all the time, but I found a way to get out of it. Let me tell ya about it:

Pardon the excursion into some Motley Crue (by way of Brownsville Station) as it really has been one of those days. The moment I walked into work this afternoon (call me responsible/stupid/both, but I had some end of the month business that I wanted to get through rather than have pile up come Monday morning), I was hit with issue after issue. I kept hearing the words of Dante Hicks (Clerks) echo in my head, "I'm not even supposed to be here today!" Shortly before I am set to leave I hear from dear old mom who starts in on my finances, always a touchy subject with us (to say that a lecture from a 60 year old woman to her 34 year old son is demoralising would be putting it mildly). Soon enough, The Boy and I hi-tailed it out of there and grabbed a late lunch/early dinner followed by a trip to Best Buy where I (gulp) bought my son his first cell phone, a basic $30 phone with $20 worth of minutes on it. I decided after my bought of paranoia during the week that I'd like him to have one so that he's able to check in with me, especially on the evenings where traffic dictates a late pickup. Man, I hope I made the right decision...

An offer was put out there tonight for a late night movie (The Fountain) with an ex who's in town for the week. Tempting as that offer is, with my present state of...well "Denis-ness" is the best way to put it, I thought long and hard (easy...) about it and decided to pass. Instead, Liam and I watched Shaun Of the Dead (rather, I did-Liam was engrossed with the game on his phone), and with him now in bed I'm up wondering what could have happened and what could have been.

No comments: