Thursday, June 28, 2007

Fore!

I managed to grab The Boy a bit earlier than usual today (by a whole 15 minutes! Note to self: pick a better route home). After a day full of broken computers and requests to camp out in Northbrook to oversee a new project (not the most exciting gig, but a break from the insanity/stupidity in River North will do me some good), seeing that lil' Buckley smirk was quite a relief. Following dinner, Liam and I played some miniature golf (glow-in-the-dark at that). Halfway in, Liam said something along the lines of "I must be the worst mini golfer in the world". The second I turned to face him, he started to well up. The irony was not lost on me as I told my son he was being too hard on himself.

1 comment:

SUSPERIA said...

When my kids say things like that, it freaking breaks my heart. Carlos is especially hard to make feel better and encourage , he unfortunately gets that from me.