Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Musical Truth

Last night I tried out for an old friend's new band, and it appears that I got the gig. The band plays "melodically aggressive" music not unlike the very first band I was in. I received a cd with some songs a few weeks back to work on lyric ideas. Coming from my other (apparently not former) band where I made/make it a point not to write about romantic relationships, what I've been working on lately has most definitely been a product of what's been going on emotionally, and the music seems to perfectly compliment this. It felt really good to be in a room with 5 other guys playing nice and loud.

In hindsight, last night's conversation (or lack thereof) was probably not the best idea. I woke up this morning frustrated, (over)thinking about where it all went wrong instead of focusing on what role I played. There's a killer song amongst all this, I just know it.

1 comment:

SUSPERIA said...

I hope you do channel all that's going on into your music.
So, not unlike 88 huh????
I'm very curious!