Sunday, November 25, 2007

Parking Blues

Due to the lack of available parking in Wicker Park tonight, I didn't make it to the Witchcraft show at the Double Door as planned. It's probably for the best as I've bad my fill of concerts in recent weeks.

Earlier today I caught Margot At The Wedding in Evanston with N., having met up at Flat Top for lunch beforehand. As a big fan of The Squid And The Whale, my hopes were probably set just a bit too high as Margot was a bit of a disappointment. The film is basically the story of a woman who travels back home with her son for the wedding of her younger sister. While home, the same issues that drove the sisters apart came back again, along with some secrets revealed. Now that sounds familiar-the miscommunication in a relationship (substitute familial for romantic). Nicole Kidman's character is never satisfied with anything her sister does and constantly throws her opinion in where it's not needed; she seems to thrive on drama. Had the movie ended better, I may have given it higher marks; instead it gets a B-.

Tomorrow afternoon seems to find me on an honest to goodness date for the first time in months. I don't want to jinx it, so I will refrain for writing too much, only to say she is insanely good looking, killer smile and all.

No comments: