Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Post-therapy metal burgers

Tonight's session put me in a bummer of a mood. I'm at odds with Mom again and as a result have thought of skipping on Thanksgiving altogether this year (I have enough transplanted friends staying in town anyway). On top of Mom-drama, it's hit me pretty hard that I won't be with The Boy on either Thanksgiving or my birthday/Christmas (he'll be in Disneyworld from 12/23-30). Talking about this in therapy, it dawned on me that I seem to be trying to alienate myself from the family (oh no, not conflict! Run, Buckley, run!). Just before walking into my session, I sent a text to L. letting her know I wasn't "feeling" Kuma's tonight; a trip to Reckless and right home seemed far more enjoyable. Thankfully she hung in there and suggested meeting up anyway as she had made some music of some of her favorite hometown (Austin, TX) bands. My need to eat outweighed the need to isolate so we headed to Kuma's where many Cokes were drank and belly stuffed with some Mastodon. Tentative plans were made to head down to SXSW this coming March (provided that ZTS is not planning anything in that timeframe).

I'm also entertaining the idea if throwing a birthday party/show for myself next month. As I'm turning 35, I want to enter "middle age" in style. Just stay tuned and I'll try and do the same.

No comments: