Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Progress

Left work early today for parent/teacher conferences with The Boy's four teachers. My little man got on the honor roll by the skin of his teeth and his teachers all know-as do J., N. and I-that he can get all A's if he can get his homework in on time (someone's been spending all their study hall time on the computer).

Afterwards, I headed up to the Lakeshore Theatre where I caught Black Dice. While there, I was introduced to a young man who turned out to be my ex's boyfriend before me. While I did my best to resist the urge to compare "war stories", we both admitted that we were frustrated by our mutual ex's all or nothing approach to virtually every aspect of the relationship and noted the irony of being "dumped" when we both knew our time was up long before that.

I've done my best to live and learn from all the relationships I've been in, no matter how brutal the ending. These past few weeks have given me time to reflect on the most recent of them and reactionary as some of my...actions may have been, I've acknowledged my role in the breakup and know that the full blame cannot be placed solely on my shoulders.

No comments: