Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Random word generator

Oh yes, it is official: effective August 1st, father and son will be in a spacious 2br condo in Park Ridge, not two minutes from the Metra stop and just over a mile from the jr. high The Boy will be attending. The couple I am renting from (their son technically owns the unit) are amazingly gracious, going so far as to suggest making payments on the security deposit as well as being incredibly understanding about my...er, less than stellar credit. They're also being kind enough to tweak the lease so that I can get the little man in district and registered for school in a timely manner. Commuting to work by train will naturally save me a shit-ton of money, though it may bring me home 30 minutes later than I'd prefer.

Roughly midway into The Boy's trip home. Monday and Tuesday, Precison, along with his girlfriend and her kids, took lil' man out and about. Today he will be home alone and yes, I'm worried slightly. Man, I need to relax-dude is almost 13! Thursday we'll more than likely head downtown for something and Friday is (nerd alert) the 2008 Chicago Comicon. I can't wait to play "spot the Klingon".

Mrs. B. was bumming over the fact that she'll be missing most of the Chicago summer festivals this year. While I'd love to take her to Lollapalooza and Pitchfork, she'll be back in time for this year's Hideout Block Party. How nice that will be-my beautiful wife with 0% drama (and no drama-induced migraines either!).

Summer 2008 is shaping up to be the best one on record. Whew.

No comments: