Saturday, July 5, 2008

USA! USA!

Had to get that out of my system. There. ZTS played a show tonight just over the border in Salem, WI and turnout notwithstanding, I had a fairly enjoyable time. The backyard we played in-yes, you read that right-was pretty damn big. We were fourth out of five bands and by the time we went on the temperature had cooled enough that I broke out my hoodie. We've been playing a new song, officially named "Epic Epidemic", that's fun as hell to play and a bit of a departure for us.

Of course, an Independence Day show would not be complete without fireworks and while my pyro bandmates lit some off, I took the time to call my wife. Anxiety has set in with her, with the preparation and actual move and all that entails. Boy, can I relate. D. will be home August 10th, if not before. Wow, she's really moving home!

Liam is basically all registered for junior high as of this past Thursday. All that remains is a few utility bills to show proof of residency. The condo owners believe their current tenant will be out by the end of the 3rd week of this month, at the very latest that last week. I'd love to be moved in by the start of Lollapalooza weekend, but if I need to miss the first few bands on my list (Black Lips, Yeasayer), then so be it.

No comments: