Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Eight Four Seven

Christ, look at all these boxes. Sitting here in my very spacious living area, to my right I have way too many boxes of cd's and cd stands for one man to have; to my left lie some miscellaneous books and a box of linens...

Ok, enough. Shit will get done when it gets done. I can't believe how much I lucked out with this condo. Finally, a place where I'm not too embarrassed to have friends and family over!

In the end, the move here actually did contribute to a significant amount of sadness, especially when I went back to clean up my old apartment. Sweeping up a place so deserted brought me back to those last few minutes in my father's house, wondering if I'll be able to retain all those memories of him and my time spent there. I wasn't really able to decompress until I spent my first night here this past Monday. There's a part of me that still feels a bit raw emotionally, and I've been a little short with my wife as a result. In spite of that, I'm able to talk about it with her with an ease I've never felt with any other woman.

Thinking ahead a few days to Lollapalooza 2008, I really hope this weekend is not another repeat of the inferno that was Lolla 2005. I'm on deck to attend two aftershows this weekend that I hope I can remain awake for (The Gutter Twins on Friday and Battles/Foals Saturday). How old do I sound?

No comments: