Friday, July 11, 2008

Thinking about doing something

My apartment has a lot of crap. A LOT. While I'm really not all that anxious, I do know that this weekend will be spent tossing/packing the place. When I moved out of my dad's, I took so many things that I thought I needed for nostalgic reasons. I will keep the photos and woodwork my grandpa made; what I don't need are the clothes, the boots and most of his books.

On The Boy's last day here before heading back up to MN, we made it a point to rid ourselves of all unnecessary toys. We ended up tossing everything save his books and Xbox. All the toys of years gone by-Max Steel, Monsters Inc., Toy Story...shit, even GI Joe-trashed. Yeah, I do wish I hung on to the GI Joe stuff, but what the hell-it's not as if I'd play with them (ok, maybe every once in a while...). With all that I plan to discard, the move should be relatively stress-free...or at least not half as stressful as the move from Dad's to here.

ZTS has a show Saturday, quite likely our last for some time. A friend has expressed some interest in an official release of our EP. There's talk of issuing it on vinyl and throwing a CD-R in each sleeve. Either way, it will be nice to see the thing formally out there.

Soulseek has been very very good to me: Deerhunter-Microcastle; Nine Inch Nails pre-With Teeth discography; Beck-Modern Guilt (already a top pick for Album Of The Year), among others.

No comments: