Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Random

The Boy will be heading up to MN this Sunday as his stepdad got the paperwork he needed. This means I'll get an overnight Friday with him, dropping him off on the way to my bassist's wedding Saturday afternoon. This extended time with my son means there's only two weeks until he's back here for a week while his other family heads to SC.

Tonight while celebrating my brother's birthday, there was a heated discussion involving the way he is perceived by his nephew. Evidently my bro has been bothered that my son seems to talk to him like he's someone on the playground and not as a nephew should speak to his uncle. I felt foolish and completely oblivious in the past as I just assumed my brother was "in on the joke". No wonder he didn't get a hold of me to catch Iron Man (hell yes) or the new Indiana Jones movie (aliens? Come on now.). This situation can and must be remedied when The Boy comes to stay for good.

D. will be coming into town in October to take a test for some work in DuPage County. If all goes well, she'll be back for good by the holidays though we do plan on living separately to give her daughter time to adjust and father and son to maintain their QT together. Still, having my wife in the same state will certainly be a relief. I am so fortunate that things have been going as well as they have been since the wedding. I almost wish I married D. years ago; it certainly would have spared me some of the indignation and drama of the past couple of years. That said, I do believe I needed to fuck up in order to grow and learn from such mistakes. I am a much better person having been through all that nonsense.

With a new hardrive installed in the laptop, I am back to downloading music. Recent findings have been the new Melvins, Oceansize, some old Seaweed, the new Hold Steady and Gemma Hayes. More downloading means less stops at Reckless (duh) as I attempt to pinch every penny I can to gear up for the move. I have my work cut out for me.

No comments: