Saturday, August 16, 2008

One of those days

Yep, I'm stuck here at work today until 5pm and have no desire to be productive. I have a schedule to create and e-mails to answer and...I don't much care to do either.

Fortune didn't smile so much as snicker at me last night mere blocks from my work in River North. As I put the car in first gear, the clutch stuck to the floor would not let up unless I kicked it up from behind. Not good. 60 some odd minutes and $130.00 lighter (stupid me does not have towing attached to my insurance), I await a call from a recommended transmission shop for an estimate.

This, of course, could not have come at a worse time as I've just sunk money toward a lawyer's retainer to assist with modifying the custodial agreement I have with The Boy's mom. Though my ex and I have a verbal agreement that The Boy will stay with me this school year, neither his school nor I wanted to take any chances so all this needs to be legally documented. I can't shake the feeling that this will soon get ugly (perfect timing, too, with school starting on the 26th). For over 9-1/2 years my ex has made virtually all the calls regarding our son and in the eyes of the law maintained full custody (in 1999 I could barely take care of myself, let alone a then three year old). The Boy's made it obvious he'd rather live with me, at least while school is in session, and at this point I can provide for him just as much as his mother can. I'm doing my best not to project, but man...it's tough.

Plans tonight include seeing the new Star Wars film, The Clone Wars. I don't hold out much hope as I'm no fan of the CGI animation, but who knows-I may be pleasantly surprised.

Tomorrow, The Boy and I are going to see if this new Legoland Discovery Center is as awesome as it looks. I certainly hope so! Hoping to spend some "qt" with my wife later that evening as I need to...er, relieve some stress. Yeah, that's it...

No comments: