Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Post-Lolla

Some festival highlights (non-musical):

* Hang time with Lipini. Always a good time.

* Pulled pork from...shit, I forgot the vendor!

* Playing spot-the-ex. Priceless.

* People watching/listening. Case in point: on the walk over to catch a few Iron and Wine songs, much talk concerning how "wasted" the kids (a few didn't look much older than The Boy's big sis) were going to get was overheard; also overheard, during The National some incessant babbling about how "cool" the media area was this year. Get over yourself. Additionally, I loved the sight of some of us "old guard" rocking out with their offspring.

*The walk back to the Jackson Blue Line with Flakesalot Sunday. "Shirtless dudes!!!"

*******************************************************************************

In an amazing twist of fate, both son and wife will be coming home this weekend. I can barely contain myself. My already enriched life will be overflowing with good fortune in a matter of days, and you know what? I fucking deserve it.

No comments: