Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Hiding Out

After some miscommunication on my end, rehearsal was called off last night, only to be called back on again. By the time I received the message, though, I was already at The Hideout, watching a rough cut screening with JC of a mutual friend's documentary, Christmas In Darfur. I hadn't seen JC in over a year so it was good to catch up with her. Admittedly I had some reservations about visiting the Hideout since my last time there, for their annual Block Party last September, wasn't exactly a great time, music notwithstanding (note to self: must check out The Frames under better conditions). Once there, any sour thoughts vanished and I watched a surprisingly poignant film about some friends' attempted journey to get into Darfur. The two JM's and their crew are quite talented and I look forward to owning a finished copy. After a brief Q & A, the music started as did the reminiscing. A good night indeed.

No comments: