Monday, December 31, 2007

Slán 2007

Some random thoughts for what will most likely be my last post of the year:

If you haven't made it to Kuma's Corner, you really should. Hands down, the best burgers in Chicago, if not the freaking world. Had lunch with M. there yesterday. While most of their burgers are named for some killer metal bands (Neurosis, Mastodon, Melvins, etc.), I rocked the Famous Kuma Burger-bacon, cheddar and fried egg...mmm-MMM!

I've been without cell phone service for the past 48 hours due to the cell tower in my area being out of commission. Aggravating to say the least. Thanks, T-Mobile!

Even if I hadn't already planned on staying in with The Boy this NYE, there is nothing going on that would entice me to deal with all that drunken buffoonery. Maybe I would hit the Pegboy/Methadones show at The Note, especially since that starts early enough. Otherwise, what else is there? Spoon? Please, talk about overrated. Jon Brion? Pass. The Smoking Popes with Everclear? At the Hyatt Regency O'Hare of all places?! How's the fall from grace feeling, boys? I'll stick with leprechauns and video games, thanks.

I'm debating whether or not to take L. and his sister to go see Sweeney Todd next weekend. All 3 of us are Tim Burton fans, but the more I think about it, I don't think the musical premise will go over well. There's also the matter of catching I Am Legend as well. Decisions, decisions. The Orphanage looks amazing-I'll most likely fly solo to that one.

I've fallen in love with Squeeze all over again. Catchy melodies and the best lyrics this side of Lennon/McCartney.

See ya next year!

No comments: