Wednesday, December 5, 2007

South side snow

Played our first show tonight at Reggie's Rock Club, a new-ish club on Chicago's South Side run by the folks that own Record Breakers (formerly based in Hoffman Estates). I will admit to being less than enthused to play once I got a look at the accumulating snow outside and even less than enthused when one of the bands cancelled (couldn't take the haul from Schaumburg. Pussies). Thankfully, spirits were lifted with some great food (the insanely attractive bartender didn't hurt, either.) and though the turnout was far less than capacity, I had a great time playing and those that watched showed their appreciation in spades.

Saturday's show in Mount Prospect promises to be a packed house by all involved in setting the show up. Apparently the venue is a "Polack stomping ground" and I'm told we'll be treated very well.

We began tracking music a little over a week ago with the goal of finishing a 5-6 song demo by February/March. Once completed we'll start talking about touring, the prospect of which scares me a bit. I've never really toured sober. Not that I think I'll have the urge to drink-I just wonder how my tolerance will be should my bandmates (save M. who is not only sober, but single as well. This should prove scandalous indeed) get a little rowdy post-show.

I have plenty of time to think about this, for now slumber beckons.

No comments: