Thursday, December 27, 2007

Mustaches and mini-tours


The winter beard looked like shit so I shaved it off. I'm awfully proud of the mustache, though, and kept that as well as a bit under my lower lip for good measure. I think I look debonair, and as long as I think so, I could give a flying fuck what anyone else thinks. So there. Hmmm...maybe I am just a tad bit narcissistic.

Tonight at practice I heard 3 new tunes and came up with some pretty cool melodies for all of them. I still can't believe how fortunate I am to have my muse back (certainly not the same as the old muse), and that the songs have been coming along at such a speed. We ended rehearsal tonight talking about setting up a Midwestern mini-tour of sorts, that last weekend in February. There's talk of hitting Indianapolis, but excuse me if I find that city and the majority of the state of Indiana to be repugnant. We'll more than likely hit Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin on this proposed trek. I start tracking vocals in a little over a week for the demo which only adds to my excitement.

Tomorrow night's plan after therapy involves meeting N. for dinner at Kuma's, and then down to The Note to catch Rollo Tomasi and Riddle Of Steel. Need to collect that belated birthday gift from her (a mocha I'm sure...hey, I'll take what I can get!).

No comments: