Thursday, April 24, 2008

4/21/2008

On April 21st, 2008 at 12:30pm Pacific Time, I married the woman of my dreams in a brief but beautiful ceremony. From the moment we stepped out of the chapel as husband and wife through the stroke of midnight later that evening/morning, every step we took together was more amazing and more romantic than the last. Dinner that night at Il Fornaio was simply stunning and the walks along The Strip felt exhilarating to say the least. Nauseous yet? Tough shit.

Some of you are no doubt wondering just how impulsively I/we acted on the decision to get married; the fact is, we planned to go through with it a few weeks back, realizing that after all this time apart, the fact that we came back together and never fell out of love (if anything, the love this time around is even more intense) was all we needed to make it official. My wife was with me at the lowest point of my life (the death of my father) and weathered the grief, the anger and frustration the best that she could. When we split in 2005, we always said if this was meant to be then we'd find our way back together. She never left my heart or my thoughts, try as hard as I did to move on without her.

We've talked about what this marriage will have to endure-namely, the distance for the next several months as she finishes up school out in Las Vegas and continues to save up for the move back home. She knows how important my role in The Boy's life is and understands that we may not actually move in together until Spring/Summer 2009 to give father and son a full year of living together. The two of them do get along rather famously and though it's been some time since either myself or The Boy have spent time with her daughter (The Bean), we've had some great moments together; I do not see that changing once we are reintroduced.

Little by little we are announcing the marriage to friends and family. I spoke to my mom earlier tonight and though she found the logic behind this all unconventional, she did let me know that both her and my stepfather think the world of Vegas and The Bean (they always have) and gave the marriage their blessing (not that it really mattered, mind you, but it certainly didn't hurt).

Countdown to our reunion: just under 4 weeks.

No comments: