Saturday, April 19, 2008

Semi-coherent

The Boy is with me this weekend, complete with crabbiness and allergies. He's grounded from the Xbox due to a shitty 3rd quarter report card.

Currently picking out music for my trip to Las Vegas:

Radiohead-In Rainbows
The Field-From Here We Go Sublime
Pete Yorn-Nightcrawler
Superdrag-Last Call For Vitriol
The Damnwells-Air Stereo
Ryan Adams-Heartbreaker
Jimmy Eat World-Chase This Light
Autechre-Quaristice
Squarepusher-Hello Everything
Four Tet-Rounds
Animal Collective-Strawberry Jam

Earth is playing The Note on 4/25. ZTS is playing some Polish bar in the 'burbs. Dammit.

Dear Pitchfork Music Festival: Please add your third band for Friday so I can make my mind whether it's worth getting the 3-day pass or just sticking with the 2-day. As it is, I'm not terribly stoked on catching Public Enemy and I saw Mission Of Burma play a good chunk of Vs. during their last Chicago show at the Double Door. I see the overhyped yawnfest that is Spoon got added on to Sunday's bill along with Les Savy Meh(Fav). Spoon headlining over Spiritualized and Dinosaur Jr.?! My god, people are stupid. Here are the bands playing said festival that I am over the top for:

Saturday, July 19:
Animal Collective
!!!
Atlas Sound

Sunday, July 20:
Dinosaur Jr.
Spiritualized
Boris
Fuck Buttons

The new M83, Saturdays=Youth is a full blown John Hughes movie condensed into roughly 45 minutes. It's incredible.

No comments: