Friday, October 12, 2007

Hindsight

Yesterday's debut show with the new band exceeded my expectations. Not that I was terribly skeptical, I just didn't expect the amount of people to show up and stay that late (we went on just before midnight), way out in Franklin Park of all places. Ironically enough, myself and D. admitted to being quite nervous minutes before we played; a feeling that soon diminished-for me at least-about halfway through our first song.

Throughout the night, I couldn't help but think how different things would've been if I was still with A. I more than likely would have spent most of the night a wreck, making sure she was being paid attention to and avoiding any and all contact with the female sex (because that would be flirting, wouldn't it?). This would have no doubt made for a sub-par performance on my part. Thankfully the frustration and resentment of the past few months are history and I can go forward and be myself.

No comments: