Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Truth (I swear)


Just back from a drummerless practice (played to some prerecorded drum tracks). New songs are shaping up nicely and should make for a great first few shows. Had to pass on playing J's bachelor party this friday as our drummer will be out of commission, but I plan on heading out to Wrigleyville after my meeting to help celebrate. Looking forward to seeing some more friends who I haven't seen in ages.

I made the decision yesterday to pass on B's wedding. From a practical standpoint, the distance is a bit far and going solo along with my automotive luck, I guess I assume the worst would happen. Save for a bit of catching up with an old friend and the wedding of course, a huge factor was spending some qt with A., and well...I don't think I'll be seeing her anytime soon.

There, I'm doing it again. Why the bitterness? I should be grateful that she's addressing her issues; I should be doing more of the same. My life has reached the point of unmanagability that I actually lied to A. about almost drinking because I was angry at her for her despair and wanted to make her feel even shittier. How fucked up is that? Talk about being sick...

I've decided to pass on The Twilight Sad this week due to band rehearsal and also to avoid running into A. It's real easy for me to talk about how shitty our relationship had become and that it had no real potential (I just really couldn't see the "happily ever after" scenario-we're just way too different), but I know full well that seeing her in the flesh will stir up all sorts of emotions, and I'm just not ready for that.

Time to catch up on some DVR'd programming.

No comments: