Sunday, October 7, 2007

Pause (just because)

Old habits die hard and rushing headfirst has done me no good. Once again, I begin damage control and hope for the best. The bitterness of weeks past has seemingly subsided and I exhale deeper with each loss cut. I have no need for fair weather friends, no matter how long I've known them.

Truth is, I have not felt like I could be myself in those basements in quite some time. I've felt much more relaxed telling my thoughts to a select few and only only two of them are people in recovery. I am not comfortable talking to them at present as I'd rather do without the lecture, but I hope that can be reconciled soon enough.

Lunch in the 'burbs with D. this afternoon only further solidified what a great friend she really is. The open and honest discussions that we have are quite refreshing and unlike most conversations I've had with the people I've connected with in the past few years. I need more people like her in my life.

Countdown to Zero to Sixty's debut: 4 days. I can't think of a time musically that I've been this excited since the early days of 88FL. We are on a roll and I personally cannot wait to see where this goes.

No comments: