Friday, October 26, 2007

Meet the new haunts (same as the old haunts)

Talking about tonight's Queens Of The Stone Age show with G. today, it dawned on me that it would be my first time back at the Riviera since last Spring's Mastodon show which ended in a big blowout with A. That night, an accusation involving paying attention to a friend visiting from out of town who paid for our tickets turned into a screaming match on the venue's stairwell and A. storming out of the Riv altogether. I didn't immediately follow her because well, it was fucking Mastodon. I did nothing wrong aside from pretty much calling her an insecure nag and really didn't want to get into it with her yet again (by then we were very good at pushing the other's buttons). Several texts from her later (which I "didn't get because of poor cell service") and I was out of there myself, trying to break up with her on the way to my car (got a ticket to add to my frustration). My usual method of forgetting about A. drama used to begin with the deleting of texts and e-mails (I tended to shut down and she thought the best way to reach me would be through e-mail or by text messaging). One of the few times I did not delete-the next day, Mother's Day at my mom's-my brother picked up my phone and saw all the texts. Talk about embarassing.

Tonight I met L. at the Riv and had a great time. Seeing Queens live made me realize how sexy their music sounds. Tomorrow will involve dinner at another place that A. and I used to frequent. I refuse to avoid certain places anymore. It's time to create positive memories.

No comments: