Monday, October 22, 2007

Wrap Up

With clear mind and an even clearer conscience, I can honestly say I had one of the best weekends in recent memory. Friday's High On Fire/Mono double threat was simply mind-blowing and my companions for the night made it that much more enjoyable. With M. feeling funny about the show, L. agreed to take the extra ticket (purchased what seemed like a lifetime ago) and met me down at the Double Door. I am happy to have turned her on to Mono and we made plans to meet up at this week's Queens Of The Stone Age show (another ticket dilemma solved!). Saturday I picked The Boy up and did our thing, hitting Target and spending time at Borders (there's a big shocker). That night we watched The Astronaut Farmer (even a "mainstream" Polish Brothers film is a treat). After taking care of some laundry, Sunday afternoon involved a trip to get Liam some Halloween vampire gear (some truly gory shit, no messing around with the kiddie stuff for my boy!). We then made it back home where I took a...um, power nap, woke up later than planned and then headed out to Romeoville to drop Buddy Boy off. My friends in Strung Out were gracious enough to set myself and the rest of ZTS up with VIP passes at their Metro show and I was able to make it down with 30 minutes or so to spare. I haven't seen the fellas since 1999 at what turned out to be the final 88FL show so it was good to see 'em and catch up.

Life is good without the old drama.

No comments: